Friday 4 October 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger

Hey lovelies,
So i'm sat in my bed on this rather boring Friday night/Saturday morning and my boyfriend has fallen asleep so he isn't being particularly entertaining and i'm in the mood to write a blog post!
I've bought a few things lately that i'm planning to review, including a beautiful blush palette from Nars (check out my instagram for a sneak peak!), but the lighting is pretty horrific right now so i've decided to do a tag post instead. I haven't been tagged by anyone, but i've seen this post pop up on a few blogs i've been reading lately and it looks like fun, so here goes!

Rules:

  • Thank the tagger and link them in the post.
  • State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow.
  • Copy and paste the rules.
  • Tag some more beauty bloggers and link them to the post.
  • Title this "The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger" post so that people know what the post is about.
  • Have fun!
1) Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
Taking my make-up off. I know this is awful and is doing no good for my skin whatsoever, but I am so lazy when it comes to removing my make-up at night and most of the time I just end up taking it off in the morning instead. (Then reapplying it all again haha!)

2) Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
I use the MAC brush cleanser to do quick spot cleans quite regularly, but when it comes to deep cleansing my brushes properly in the sink I probably don't do it quite as often as I should and usually leave it for a few weeks between washes which probably isn't overly hygienic!

3) How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Oh god, ages! I work in a shop so my nails get chipped all the time, no matter how often I repaint them.   I tend to wear a lot of nude coloured nail varnishes so chipping isn't that obvious, but if i'm wearing a bright, bold colour on my nails and they chip, I feel more obliged to redo them as they look so bad!

4) How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product, even if you need it? (e.g. purchasing a new top coat or foundation)
I'm actually really good at replacing products, if I know i'm close to running out of something i'll generally order it before I run out completely so that I have a new one ready to go! (And I just love any excuse to buy more make-up!)

5) What is your worst beauty habit?
Applying too much blush on one cheek! I'm so heavy handed that quite often i'll apply too much blush, but oddly only on one cheek! I then spend about five minutes blending it in in an attempt to even them out a bit!

6) Name something non-beauty related that you put off all the time.
Reading! I'm studying BA History & English so I get set a LOT of reading. But instead of doing the sensible thing and spreading it out over the week I end up leaving it all until the night before and staying up all night reading at the speed of light to try and get it finished.

7) When going out somewhere do you leave getting ready to the last minute or not?
Generally when I know that i've got plans I will try and allow myself a couple of hours to get ready as I love getting ready slowly. However, sometimes I get distracted by online shopping, or Facebook, or Twitter, or food...and end up having to rush the getting ready process, which stresses me out immensely! 

8) Can you commit to a spending ban?
I'm actually supposed to be on one now as i'm saving for a trip to Paris, but I spotted an amazing blog sale this morning so...oops! 

9) How organised is your make-up and nail polish collection?
Most of my make-up is stored in my acrylic muji drawers, but i'm swiftly running out of room to fit everything so my dressing table is a bit hectic at the moment so i'm going to have to invest in a few more drawers. Again, you can see how well this spending ban is going can't you!? When it's all sorted out I might do a makeup collection/storage post if any of you would be interested in reading that! In terms of nail varnish, all of my nail varnishes are currently in a Liberty's washbag as I haven't yet found a place to house them since moving back to uni.

10) What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
Unfortunately I started my blog back in March, just as uni exams were approaching, so I had to put it on hold for a couple of months so I didn't write any posts at all for about two months! Recently though i've been trying harder to keep my posts more regular.

Okay, I tag Natalie from Rose by Nature, Lorna from Studs and Dreams and Suzy from Cynical Suzy to do this post, but if any more of you choose to do it let me know in the comments below!




2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who did the too much blush on one cheek thing! I do that almost every day, but I just never learn.

    Maxine, xx
    theblondeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it all the time, it's so annoying!

      Beth xxx

      Delete