Friday 11 October 2013

Blog Sale Bargains!


Hello again lovelies! Lately I have been really getting into blog sales. Despite the fact that I spend an alarming amount of money on beauty products, I still love a bargain and blog sales are a great chance to try out new brands and products for a really great price. I got all of these products from the Sophie's Beautique blog sale and I only paid £22 (including delivery) for everything which is amazing and means I saved about £70! I'm really happy with everything I got so I thought I would share them with you all.


First up is this beautiful Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 493 Jade Rose. This colour was actually limited edition, so I was really lucky to get my hands on it. It is a classic, slightly peach nude which leaves your nails looking perfectly polished and sophisticated. In the bottle you can see some iridescent pink shimmer, although this doesn't really show up on the nails. This nail varnish does require two or three coats to achieve full opacity as it is rather sheer, but the final colour is so pretty that I don't really mind! 


Next up is another Chanel product- Le Sourcil De Chanel Perfect Brows Kit in the shade 20 Brun. I've been using MAC's Charcoal Brown eyeshadow to fill in my brows for months now, but I wanted to try something new. This beautifully packaged little kit comes with three different shades of powder, which can be used separately, or mixed together to create a perfect match for your natural brow colour. It also contains a little brush and teeny tiny tweezers, which actually work really well. The mirror inside is magnified too which is really useful. I haven't had the chance to use this yet so I can't go into too much more detail, but i'm really excited about trying this out.



The next thing I purchased was this MAC lipstick in Myth. It is a satin finish, meaning it gives quite an opaque, matte result which can sometimes be quite drying, but i'm sure that applying some lip balm beforehand will make it more wearable. Myth is a light nude, which usually I tend to shy away from as my natural lip colour is so pigmented, but as this is so opaque I find it a lot easier to wear. Cremesheen finishes are still my favourites at the moment, but overall this is a lovely nude and i'm glad it's now in my collection! 




The final thing that I purchased was this MAC 15 pan pro palette. It is one of the old style palettes without the clear lid, but I actually prefer this style as it comes with the pan inserts in it already, whereas with the new palettes they are sold separately. I only have two MAC eyeshadows as I rarely stray from my Urban Decay Naked palette (the original one), but I depotted them and put them in my palette and it has definitely inspired me to buy more! It will also work out cheaper in the long run, as now when I buy MAC shadows I can just buy the pro palette refill pans and save £2.50 on packaging each time.

(From top to bottom-Wedge and Charcoal Brown)

I hope you enjoyed this post, i'm really looking forward to trying out all of my new things! Have you ever bought anything from a blog sale?


8 comments:

  1. You get the best argains from blog sales! I love them! haha. Good luck with filling up your mac palette, i really want one but the price of mac eyeshadows on their own is too much for me, let alone loads of them in a palette :O

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you've just got to keep looking out for them and you're bound to find some good deals! I know, they're super expensive :( But my boyfriend got me all that glitters today, so at least i'm one step closer to filling it up!
      Beth xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this post, and photos, want to try everything!!!
    if you ever have time could you check out my blog maybe? im a new blogger and would love some feedback! thankyou :)
    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really nice things you picked out!! most blog sales that I find are from the UK and they don't ship to Canada because or else, I would also take advantage of these bargains!! Love the nail polish! Such a perfect neutral color!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them too!
      I know, it's pretty hard to find ones that ship internationally as the postage costs are so high :(
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Fab items! I checked out Sophie's blog sale after I saw your post and have made a massive order so thank you!!

    Rebecca x
    cloudnineindulgence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete