Saturday 5 October 2013

No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser & Quick Thinking Wipes Review

Just before I left for university a few weeks ago, my sister gave me a voucher she had got from Boots for £5 off No7 skincare. As you'll know if you've seen my Starting Off: Skincare post, I very rarely invest in decent skincare products and so I took this as a chance to try out the No7 Beautiful Skin range The products are more expensive than my usual Olay choices, but not as steep as some high-end skincare brands. 

The first thing I picked was the No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser. I've been wanting to try out the  Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for a while now, but at £24.75 for 200ml in comparison to the £4.95 that the No7 version cost with my discount, it was a no brainer! In the box you get a 200ml tube of product, which I can tell is going to last me absolutely ages, because you only really need one pump of the cleanser per use. It also comes with a muslin cloth, which is great as it saves you having to go out and buy one, but to be honest it isn't that impressive and a hot flannel would probably work just as well. The actual product itself however is really impressive!

I use it about once a week, massaging the cleanser over my face, then running the muslin cloth under a hot tap, wringing it out and then placing it on my face. I usually wait around 5-10 minutes before taking it off, as the muslin cloth starts to get cold and quite simply I get bored! But it is really relaxing, has a lovely scent and leaves my skin feeling like it's been really thoroughly cleaned. Personally I suffer from dry skin and it really helps to exfoliate away any dry patches and as long as I moisturise straight after patting my face dry, my skin is left feeling really soft.


When I bought the cleanser, I was actually given another £5 off voucher and so a couple of days later I decided to buy the No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes, which usually retail at £7. Now, you'd think that for £7 you'd be getting a pretty spectacular pack of wipes. Unfortunately not.

It's not that they're particularly bad, it's more that I really can't tell the difference between these wipes and the £1 packs of wipes that I usually get from Superdrug/Savers/Asda etc. Also, the Boots website claims that they're "suitable for all skin types and remove even waterproof mascara", yet when I use them to take off my eye make-up they make my eyes sting and feel slightly sore, which is strange because I don't really have sensitive skin and never usually get affected in this way by make-up removers. 

Overall, I was really impressed with the Hot Cloth Cleanser as it leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean and I would definitely repurchase it again, but I would still like to try out the Liz Earle equivalent just to see how they compare. The wipes however I have not really got on well with and I don't really think the price is justified.

Have you tried any No7 skincare products? 

1 comment:

  1. for skincare newbie, you picked a pretty good line to shop from. I loe No7 products. I wanna try the hot cloth cleanser. I saw a while a go and thought I would try it, then totally forgot about it. I am glad you liked it, sounds promising. Also I hate those towlettes that stings eyes.

    ReplyDelete