Thursday 26 September 2013

NYX Matte Makeup Setting Spray Review

Hello again!
Today I just wanted to do a quick review on a product that I’ve been loving recently and that is the newly released Matte Finish Setting Spray from NYX. I gave into the hype a few months ago and bought MAC’s coveted Fix +, which is supposed to be a 2 in 1 skin refresher and finishing mist. Whilst I cannot deny that a quick spritz of it is very refreshing, I didn't see a significantly noticeable difference in the staying power of my make-up when I used it and at £8 for a tiny travel-sized bottle, I doubt I will purchase it again. This somewhat put me off of the idea of setting sprays, but I was kindly given this product from my work experience mentor at Heat magazine (for more details on this click here!) and it has really impressed me!


On the NYX website they say “When you spend the time for your makeup to be just right, it’s nice to keep it looking that way.” There is nothing more annoying than doing your makeup really well, only to then discover that in a few hours it’s all started to come off! I’m ashamed to say that there have actually been times when I’ve been so desperate to increase my makeup’s longevity that I’ve sprayed my face with hairspray! (Oh the shame…)

The setting spray comes in two different varieties, a matte finish and a dewy finish. Personally I prefer a matte finish and sometimes I find, particularly with MAC’s Fix + , that some setting sprays actually give a more dewy effect to the skin. However, this one does not. It doesn’t affect the look of my makeup at all, it simply sets it and keeps it looking freshly applied for longer. At the same time, if you are someone who likes a dewy finish instead, you can opt for the dewy finish version for more of a glow!


Although the spray pump doesn’t look like anything special, it actually disperses the product really evenly, creating a fine mist which dries almost instantly.  I primarily use this on nights out or day trips, when I know i’m going to want my makeup to stay on for as long as possible. However, if I remember I use it on an everyday basis also, as it “shields your flawless look from temperature variations, sweat and air pollution”. This is a bold claim from NYX but I am genuinely really happy with this product and it’s definitely something that I will continue to use, because it really does do what it claims. This setting spray comes in at £8 for a 60ml bottle, which is a great deal as a little goes a long way with this product and I only ever need to use about two or three spritzes of this at a time.

NYX Cosmetics tend to be pretty hard to locate here in the UK, but you can buy this from their online shop here.
Have you ever tried any makeup setting sprays? 


7 comments:

  1. I will have to try this asap! I was also really not impressed by Fix+, although it is great for applying eyeshadow wet with and smells so nice. Ordering this right now- thanks for your great review!

    Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does smell great actually! Will have to try it out with eyeshadow! :)
      I think you'll love this!
      Beth xxx

      Delete
  2. I love makeup setting sprays. The collection 2000 one is great. I love Nyx as a brand but it's such a shame that their delivery is SOOO expensive. Puts me off buying their stuff altogether.

    I love your blog, following on GFC and bloglovin


    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog as well, would love it if you had a look. :) xx

    http://glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/pink-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah delivery charges suck :(
      Thank you!
      Will take a look at your blog now!
      Beth xxx

      Delete
  3. Thank you!
    Will follow you now!
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matte- no shine or shimmer ie dry normal skin look while dewy adds a slight sheen to the face . It makes it more radiant and luminous.
    NYX setting spray in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete