Sunday 22 June 2014

Dirty Looks Hair Extensions Review

Hey lovelies! Ever since a disastrous pixie crop aged 9 (honestly, it was horrendous), I swore to myself that I'd never cut my hair short again and have had long hair for years now. Therefore, I was never really interested in extensions as I always had relatively long hair anyway.
However, I'd heard a lot of great things about the brand Dirty Looks and so when the opportunity arose to test out some of their hair extensions I was too intrigued to pass it by. Also, with fans including Fearne Cotton, Jessica Lowndes and Alexa Chung I felt like I was in safe hands. After sending a couple of photos to their stylist I was advised to opt for the shade "Paparazzi Highlighted" and I was genuinely shocked at how well the extensions blended in with my hair colour.

Another thing that I was pleasantly surprised by is quite how much hair you get! Having long hair anyway, I chose the longest set which is 24-26", but the wefts themselves are so thick that they create a really natural look, with plenty of volume, as opposed to the straggly rats' tails effect that can be associated with cheaper extensions. The set even includes a quad weft, which is essentially four wefts in one, for extra thickness. In fact, my little pea head means I don't really have the scalp space to wear all ten of the pieces they provide in the set, however that is more a critique of my tiny head than their extensions! They come with a really handy how-to guide which shows you exactly how to section off your hair and clip them in for the most natural look, which I found really helpful.
In terms of styling the extensions, as they are 100% real human hair you pretty much treat them as you would your own hair, so you can straighten them and curl them, but obviously heat damage and regularly using products on them will reduce how long they last so bear this in mind. I personally prefer to wear mine with curly hair as I feel like it helps them to blend in more naturally with my regular hair. 
If you're on the market for some new extensions, or if you're a complete extensions virgin like I was, I would definitely recommend these ones as they are so easy to clip in and give a really lovely natural look. Although I probably won't wear these on a daily basis, I'm looking forward to wearing them on nights out or for special occasions when I want my hair to look especially nice!

Dirty Looks Full Head Extensions range from £69.99-£124.99 depending on the length you choose, for more information check out their website here.

Have you ever worn hair extensions? 


I was sent this product to review by Dirty Looks, however all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. You have such fab hair!
    Emma xo | Missemmalouise12.blogspot.ie |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those extensions look great! I never had them before but I'll keep them in my mind!

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete