Monday 19 August 2013

Chelsea Boots

Despite the fact that it is technically summer, I very much prefer autumn/winter styles and have been on the hunt for a decent pair of Chelsea boots for months. 

I've had my eye on the ABE2 Ultimate Chelsea Boots from Topshop for ages and I stare longingly at them every time I wander in store. They are 100% leather and absolutely beautiful!
However, along with the "ultimate" Chelsea boots comes the "ultimate" price and being a student, I (sadly) cannot afford to spend £65 on boots at the moment! 

I recently came across the website Daisy Street and was pleasantly surprised when I logged on one day to discover that they had a 30% off promotion across the entire site (using code YES30) They have a wide variety of different Chelsea Boots; studded ones, heeled ones and even a rather questionable pair of leopard print ones ;) However, I opted for the Cheska Classic Chelsea Boots in Brown, which are also available in black. The original price of these boots was £29.99, so with the 30% off they were just over £20, which is amazing. 

When I first opened the box I was slightly taken aback as they did smell rather odd... Not particularly bad, just slightly like plastic, which I suppose is to be expected, they were only £20 after all. However, this soon wore off and I am really loving them. They're really comfortable, the dark tan colour means that they will coordinate well with any outfit and quite simply, they just look nice. In fact, a couple of my friends liked them so much that they've already ordered themselves a pair too! I can't wait to wear them with cute dresses and tights in winter.
What are your thoughts on Chelsea boots? 

1 comment:

  1. I love chelsea boots and I am currently on the hunt for a new pair! Great post!

    Lyndsey

    ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete